AI mind maintainer is a human or robotic being who
watches over the functioning of a mission-critical AI
installation and performs upkeep and repairs as needed.
AI Perlmind codebase as an example, we
advise trainees in mind-maintainenance carefully
to select a software mind-module in which to
specialize on the basis of acquired
No human mind-maintainer will be able to
grasp the proverbial big picture of the entire
AI Mind as it evolves and sprawls over
space and time.
Specialists in AI mind-maintenance must become not only
familiar but also deeply knowledgeable about computer and
- [High School] The first AI Mind installations will be in high-school computer classrooms.
The teacher or teacher's aide or star student will be the AI Mind Maintainer,
showing students how to run the AI Mind in Perl or in Forth.
- [Academia] Subsequent installations will be in college dormitories
and college AI Labs. Interested parties will specialize in particular mind-modules,
such as VisRecog for visual recognition or Volition for FreeWill in robots.
- [Science Museums] Docents are needed to demonstrate AI.
- [Fortune 500 Companies] Devil take the hindmost.
4. Education and Training
The following schools, colleges and universities should offer programs
of instruction in the profession of mind-tending and mind-maintaining.
- Your school or college here.
- Your instructional program here.
- Your on-line teaching details here.
Workey to look for some pertinent career advice.
5. Certification and Licensing
Whether issued by a government or by a professional guild,
attestations as to the skill and knowledge and reliability of an
AI Mind maintainer will allow AI workers to
move about in the AI industry and to advance in their
Workey step up to the plate?
6. Professional Societies
Think of the conventions and the speechifying, the jostling
for power and prestige, the chance to get away from work
and to travel to such a prestigious event as a
Meeting of the Mind-Maintainers.
7. Books, Manuals, Newsletters, Etc.
Memoirs of a Mind-Maintainer?
The Care and Feeding of Artificial Minds?
Handbook of Mind Maintenance?
8. Employment Opportunities
- Any student or entrepreneur may install the
MsIeAi on websites or computers for clients hiring the installer as an
MindForth for robots and the
ghost.pl AI for webservers, but does
not require downloading Forth or Perl. Business clients may
have their own weblinks visible on the AI Control Panel and may
have the maintainer code information about the business into the
knowledge base (KB) of the AI.
9. Mind Modules of First Working AGI
- TabulaRasa -- wipe memory clean
- MindBoot of English and
- KbLoad -- load the Knowledge Base
- Sensorium -- sensory input with associative tagging to concepts
- FileInput -- read files on a server
- Volition -- free will resulting from feeling and thinking
- Emotion as influence on thought and free will
- EnThink -- think in English
- KbRetro -- retroactively adjust knowledge base
- Subjunctive -- mood for conditional phrases
- ConJoin --
insert a conjunction if two thoughts are active
- RuThink -- think in Russian
- RuImperative -- needs to be coded
- RuIndicative -- needs to be coded
- RuNounPhrase -- think with a Russian noun
- RuAdjective -- insert a Russian adjective
- RuAdjGen -- to generate a Russian adjective-form
- RuPrep -- insert a Russian preposition
- RuPronoun -- substitute a Russian pronoun for a noun
- RuVerbPhrase -- think with a Russian verb
- Speech -- output to screen or loudspeaker
- VisRecog -- visual recognition inserts a noun
- RuNounPhrase -- direct-object noun
- RuNounGen -- to generate a Russian noun-form
- SpreadAct -- spreading activation from concept to concept
- MindMeld -- merge two AI Minds by sharing memories
Motorium (MotorOutPut) -- for AI-Minded robots
Table of Contents (TOC)